Jul 31st - Aug 1st REDUCTION LINOCUT, Members
Reduction Lino Class
Saturday July 31st, 10am - 3pm
Sunday August 1st, 10am - 4pm
$315 / $275 members
Reduction Linocut is a relief print making process that creates a multi coloured image from a single plate. Areas of the plate are progressively cut away and then printed to build a layered image.
In this class we will look at the history and the mysteries of the reduction print process. We will produce a sampler as an exercise to establish the concepts of reduction and the process of registration. We will learn the process of colour layering and how to plan ahead to build the layers that will form the final image. This exercise will also explore registration and it’s importance in producing accuracy in the image. We will then have the opportunity unity to work on our own designs, enabling us to practice the concepts introduced in making the sampler.
This class is a starting point. It is designed to help clear the confusion that you may feel when approaching the reduction process. Suitable for beginners and above.
- Journal/paper to take notes
- Marker/sharpie pen, soft pencil eg 2B
- Coloured pencils if you like
- Smart phone/iPad to take visual notes (and look stuff up)
- Ideas for images if you like
- Previous attempts, even the wonky ones because we can learn from them
- Your own tools if you have them