DETAILS FOR CLOSURE
FROM JULY 9th:
- All workshops must again be postponed. No workshops will be held in JULY or AUGUST
- The Gallery is closed from July 9th
- Sadly both Lino Club and Book/Letterpress Clubs are cancelled until further notice
- Downstairs and backroom print workshop spaces are closed to all members and visitors, only staff and those who rent private studios at FPS are permitted into the building while stage 3 restrictions are in place.
- Downstairs and backroom print workshop spaces and facilities are available for use ONLY by artists who rent a private studio at FPS and are at the studio for their work/occupation.
- Exhibitions will likely be rescheduled over the coming weeks and you can check our gallery calendar HERE
- Our Artists Book Prize and exhibition commences July 25th - initially as an on-line exhibition with the hope of a exhibiting to the public when we re-open.
- Our Lifedrawing classes are not available to the general public at this time, to be reviewed again in September
Stage 3 and Covid19 Information:
Please refer to the Department of Health and Human Services
for up-to-date health information visit the COVID-19 information hub
The Firestation Print Studio is a dynamic hub of arts activity, with printmaking at its core, yet open to a wide range of projects and practices.
As a community based organisation, the curatorial strategy supports artists with diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds at various stages of their career, by providing a supportive environment in which to create and exhibit their artwork.
This is a unique element of the Firestation, as we provide facilities for all stages of artistic development in printmaking, from the inception and execution of artwork in the print workshop, to its presentation and display to the public in the gallery.
ENTRY FORMS & TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Members Summer Exhibition
Nov 28th - Jan 30th
A large scale installation by our FPS members from across Australia and abroad, featuring an ever expanding bouquet of printed flowers.
This exhibition will be in place of this year's Summer Salon.
Together we aim to create an immense and inspirational bouquet of glorious prints of flowers and foliage - an exhibition to show our resilience and optimism.
Purchase a work for $25 and help support FPS!
This Summer, our FPS Gallery will be transformed by this inspirational, collegiate collaboration.
MEMBERS DETAILS FOR ENTRIES FOR THIS PROJECT HERE
Lino Club is a favourite of many Firestation Print Studio members. We meet once a month,
on a Saturday from
1pm to 4pm.
Dates and more here
LETTERPRESS / BOOK CLUB
One Tuesday per month,
10am - 1pm, in FPS backroom.
Bring your own project, or old prints, and learn amongst your fellow book lovers!
View FPS Gallery calendar
for 2020 HERE
every Tuesday evening 7-9. $20 drop in*!
Bring paper & drawing materials.
* Note: $20 full, $17 member,
Concession card $18/member $15
More info here
Sign up for printmaking workshops HERE
ARTMANIA ART PROGRAM for CHILDREN 6+
ongoing during school terms.
For more information click here